Summer is slowly creeping up on us and with it comes the warmer temperatures. Here are a few tips to keep cool on a budget.
- Take advantage of the cool evenings. Open windows and doors with screens to bring the inside temperature down.
- During the day make sure to close up your house and draw blinds and drapes so the house stays darker and thus cooler.
- Use ceiling or room fans, this will allow you to set the thermostat higher because the air movement will cool the room.
- Turn up your Thermostat when you are not home. Look into a programmable thermostat, to be able set certain temperatures at certain times of day.
- Replace your air conditioner filters. Dirty filters can restrict airflow and can cause the system to run longer, increasing energy use. Replace filters monthly for maximum benefit.